Raise your hand if you are one of the millions that have to purchase home owners and car insurance.

How many times have you used your car or homeowners insurance? No one likes to pay for a non tangible item and that is exactly what insurance is. More of a peace of mind and comfort of knowing your covered does not always make you feel better when needing to make that purchase.

If you are frugal or trying to become more frugal this will ease the purchase of insurances. Being a safe driver will help you lower car insurance but it also shows you are less likely to use the car insurance. Most opt for a very low deductible of $500, this deductible is used when you file a claim that would usually be over $500 so you pay that amount and your insurance covers the rest. The $500 deductible will cost you more when buying the policy (vs. a higher deductible amount) as the insurance will cover anything over that amount. If you are a safe driver or have money in the bank to pay for a higher deductible (lets say $2500) you will save a decent amount of money off your policy.

Chose the higher deductible for homeowners insurance also and save more money a year, call your insurance company and ask the price difference. Keep that extra money in your own pocket as the likelihood of needing to use insurance may be very low for you.

6 comments

1. Olivia Princess // May 21, 2017 at 2:38 AM

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me
    takaful malaysia

2. Stephe // November 27, 2017 at 2:11 AM

In general, I agree. Nobody guarantees that some Madame won't crash into you, even if you are the most cautious
    driver in the world. Sometimes it's better to pay 5 times more but to travel on the road without fear on this matter. I bought a used car recently and so that the
    issue of insurance was resolved I had to provide the results of a car recall check VIN code https://www.faxvin.com/recalls. The check showed that everything is okay, and my machine is quite usable. Now I get the insurance, and I'm calm.

3. gia simi // May 1, 2018 at 6:00 AM

Much obliged to you such a great amount for the post you do.
    Lifetime Insurance Group

4. mark Johnson // July 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. California General Liability Insurance

5. admin // July 31, 2018 at 6:03 AM

Specialist Claim Company PPI Claims, Package Bank Fee compensation and Mis-sold Investment Claims,best compensation options, free claim check, find out more Best PPI Claim Company

6. Kathy Abbey // August 3, 2018 at 1:11 AM