At the end of your Turbo Tax refund you have the option of deducting your Turbo Tax charge direclty from your expected tax return amount. Using this option will result in a charge of a $29.95 Processing Fee. The fee is charged for processing and paid to University National Bank of Saint Paul, MN. Really, this option is only for those who do not have a credit card. Not explained well by Turbo Tax it seems like you have no other way to avoid this fee and when you have thousands of dollars to be returned to you than likely you will just accept and move along.

To simply avoid this fee use your credit card to pay for your Turbo Tax Return.  Charging your credit card or using the deduction method processing fee has no bearing on the time frame your tax return is filed or paid to you. Don't give up another $30 dollars for this feature, if you have a credit card I recommend using it.

Turbo Tax is a very user friendly easy to use Tax return site. Guaranteed 100% reviews and 350 tax deductions at your finger tips make this a number one choice to handle your taxes.

For complete information please read:

10 comments

1. Fat loss Nutrition and Fitness // December 20, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Taking on the task of filing your return by yourself can be overwhelming if you have never done this before. It is very easy to make costly mistakes and miss very common federal tax deductions if you are unfamiliar with federal filing rules.

2. Anonymous // February 2, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Thank you!!! I was wondering why that fee was charged since I though turbotax mentioned they did not apply a fee for having your refund direct deposited. I will use your tips immediately.:)

3. carrie. // February 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Or, better yet, use TaxAct - it costs only 18 dollars to file (and that's using the deluxe version).

4. Anonymous // February 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I have been using TurboTax for 7 years but will never use their products again. After entering my tax info and seeing a refund due, I opted for 'audit defense', which was an additional $40. Instead of paying for it with a credit card, I decided to use the option to deduct it from my refund. BIG MISTAKE, I guess I didn't see the fine print that must state that I will be charged an additional $30 for processing by "University National Bank". WOW, after giving them business for buying an additional service (pure profit , since I won't be audited), they reward me by spanking me with another $30 fee. And for what?? To deduct $40 from my refund???!!! I could train a monkey to do that for a nice ripe banana. LOL

Stay away from TURDOTAX !!!???!!!!

5. Anonymous // March 10, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I was upset. I used Turbo Tax to do my tax return for 2011 and decided to do e-file. My state refund had no problem but there was a problem for my Federal return. I got an email from University National Bank saying that I should receive my refund in one to two days. After the 4th day, I did not get my refund so I call University National Bank at (800) 717 - 7228 and no body answer. Only machine answered. On the 5th day, University National Bank sent me my refund and charge me $29.95 for account handling fee and $20 for reprocessing fee. Turbo Tax did not say anything about these fees when I did my return. The only fees I saw when I did my return were $19.95 (state return) and the 39.95 (audit defend). University National Bank took out a total of $109.85 from my refund.

STAY AWAY FROM TURBO TAX REFUND PROCESSING FEE!!!

6. jenn // March 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

TurboTax is definitely a ripoff. Im glad I lagged to do my taxes because it gave me additional time to find a more trustworty online tax filing company that charges absolutely nothing for State Federal and Refund fees. try h&r block - i just filed my taxes with them for free.

7. Anonymous // February 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Thats funny, family members of mine used h&r block last year and were charged almost 200.00 to do their taxes, and they had nothing. Simple easy file

8. skitch // April 16, 2013 at 5:58 AM

What appears to be much worse is that once you do your research and find out what this fee is, there is no way to switch it to using a credit card when you hit the back button.

9. Anonymous // February 22, 2014 at 9:22 AM

No warning about the $29.95 charge until its too late. No way to go back and change to "charge my credit card". That's a classic ripoff. I've used Turbo Tax for years and trusted them fully. No more!

10. Gerry // April 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Thank goodness...I was able to go back and change...These people are unbelieveable...